Thursday, June 14

An Aggie in Ecuador

This post is really for my cousin, Jennifer Emerson, so I hope she reads it.

I always like meeting Americans here, particularly those from my region of the country. I was on the bus today and heard a couple guys speaking English, one of whom sounded as though he could easily be from Texas or the South. I found out that they were working with the Peace Corps down here, and that one was from a small East Texas town (the name escapes me now) and had graduated from Texas A&M about 4 years ago. He was actually wearing a National Student Leadership Forum t-shirt, which is an annual Christian leadership conference in DC. I loved running into a fellow Texan, even if he was an Aggie.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Meeting an Ag is probably amongst the luckiest things you've encountered yet... Thanks for the shout out!